So after a few months of just plain not having time for the Taste and Create event, I’m finally doing it again. Not that I actually have more time – work’s the busiest it’s been since I graduated, and in addition I’m rehearsing for a ballet in May, so I actually have less time. Funny how these things work.
This month I got partnered with J from JKitchen.Log, and it was the easiest choice I’ve ever had to make her Blueberry and Lemon Cream Cheese Tarts. Well, actually just Lemon Cream Cheese Tarts – I didn’t have blueberries on hand, and I’m not the biggest fan of them anyways. The verdict? While they were a wee bit sour for me, (though I’m not much of a fan of sour, so I’m not a very good judge), my mother who loves sour lemon desserts absolutely adored them. As did my dad, and Son as well. I drizzled them with chocolate, since obviously chocolate makes everything better, and they were a hit!
- 2 (25x25cm) sheets frozen puff pastry, slightly thawed
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- the juice from 2 lemons
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease or spray 24-cup mini (1/8 cup capacity) muffin pan.
- In food processor or electric mixer, process cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and process until well incorporated.
- Add egg and process again until mixed.
- Add lemon juice and zest and process until smooth.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 squares.
- Place each puff pastry square into holes in muffin pan.
- Spoon the lemon-cream cheese filling evenly to each squares (approximately 1 tbsp each).
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate to serve.